Heart Beat News – September 2021
Read the September edition of FH Europe’s Heart Beat newsletter:
In this edition:
- Read our Patient Stories, highlighting our courageous network of patient advocates sharing their unique stories and experiences of living with FH, HoFH, Lp(a) and FCS.
- Discover the activity taking place throughout September for FH Awareness day.
- Watch the special FH Awareness Day webinar on the topic: “Familial Hypercholesterolaemia as an evidence-based model of innovation in CVD”.
- Read about the major milestone in pediatric screening for FH in Europe and join the conversation virtually at the upcoming technical meeting to explore future strategies.
- Take part in the public consultancy survey into pediatric screening – your opinion is a valuable asset to the conversation.
- Read about FH Europe’s contribution to European Commission EU4Health webinar.
- Discover the latest news in Poland about the relaxation of criteria for the PCSK9 inhibitor treatment programme for patients with FH.
- Discover how Diagnosis FH have been celebrating their 6th annual FH Week in the Czech Republic.
- Register to join the Spanish language virtual symposium with international experts discussing FH and elevated Lp(a).
- Read the first major publication to come from the FH Studies Collaboration; “Global perspective of familial hypercholesterolaemia: a cross-sectional study from the EAS Familial Hypercholesterolaemia Studies Collaboration (FHSC)”
- Discover more about EAS #FHWeek and the activities hosted by patient groups and clinics throughout the FH community.
- Read about the launch of the European Alliance for Cardiovascular Health (EACH), a platform for knowledge and expertise in Cardiovascular Disease to help advise and guide policymakers.
- Get involved with this year’s World Heart Day taking place on 29. Sept to raise awareness for people affected with Lp(a)
- We want to hear from you – share your feedback with us on our monthly newsletter, Heart Beat. Your opinion is important to us!
- Join the annual European Patients’ Congress (EPF) Congress taking place on 26-29th October.
- Add important dates for the world of FH, HoFH, Lp(a) and FCS to your diary for 2021-22.
FH Europe is supported by an educational grant from Amgen Limited, Sanofi, Regeneron, Akcea Therapeutics Inc. and Amryt