Heart Beat News – November 2021
Read the November edition of FH Europe’s Heart Beat newsletter:
In this edition:
- Read our Patient Stories, highlighting our courageous network of patient advocates sharing their unique stories and experiences of living with FH, HoFH, Lp(a) and FCS.
- Find out about two new organisations in the FH network – The Israeli Heart Association and Lithuania’s Healthy Heart.
- FH Greece announces its new board and their plans for increasing awareness of FH within the country.
- There’s news from Latvia. The country’s ParSirdi.lv is now an associated member of the World Heart Federation.
- Find details of how the Czech Republic marked FH Week and the success of its FH screening programme.
- There were celebrations in Austria, as FHchol Austria awarded its “Gaby Hanauer-Mader Award” to FHchol Austria’s founder, Kurt Widhalm.
- In Sweden, there’s news of a landmark grant to identify and diagnose inherited high cholesterol in the Stockholm region.
- We call for patient advocates, patients or professional organisations from the cardiovascular community to join Invisible Nation, which exists to lobby healthcare change makers and governments on the realities of FH.
- If you didn’t catch this month’s Global Heart Hub Unite Summit, watch the highlights from this landmark event in the FH calendar.
- Learn about the EURORDIS Photo Awards 2022, which are now open for entries – your chance to let the world know the reality of life with a rare disease.
FH Europe is supported by an educational grant from Amgen Limited, Sanofi, Regeneron, Akcea Therapeutics Inc. and Amryt