Heart Beat News – January 2022
In the January edition of FH Europe’s Heart Beat newsletter you’ll find the following:
- Information on our dedicated Policy Advisory Committee tasked with advocating for implementation of FH child screening across Europe.
- Insights on how we are working with people living with Lp(a) and medical experts to develop brochures and website content for patients.
- A chance to join our team with the addition of an office manager and newsletter editor.
- News about experts in Ireland collaborating with FH Europe to make a submission to the Irish Department of Health for a new FH screening programme.
- In France, an Open Letter was posted to the President of France calling for action in detecting inherited high cholesterol in children and preventing cardiovascular diseases.
- Europe is one step closer to having a new treatment option to treat the ultra-rare inherited form of high cholesterol.
- Information about how FH Europe will raise awareness of inherited lipid conditions through next month’s Rare Disease Day 2022.
- The World Heart Federation’s new one-stop platform for information on cardiovascular conditions and risk factors, collating data from a diverse set of international sources.
- Information about applying to attend the eleventh European Conference on Rare Diseases and Orphan Products (ECRD) this summer.
FH Europe is supported by an educational grant from Amgen Limited, Sanofi, Regeneron, Akcea Therapeutics Inc. and Amryt