Heart Beat News – December 2021
In the December edition of FH Europe’s Heart Beat newsletter you’ll find the following:
- A special “End of Year” message from FH Europe’s Chair of the Board and Chief Executive.
- Information on how you can become a trustee of FH Europe, as we begin the search for new Patient Trustees.
- News of the renewed commitment from the EU to progress FH screening.
- A landmark step from the UN to support those living with a rare disease and their families.
- The commitment made by the European Alliance for Cardiovascular Health (EACH) to provide expertise in developing the EU Roadmap on NCD (Non-Communicable Diseases).
- News of the Belgian Heart League and the World Heart Federation’s roundtable, which explored better screening of FH in Belgium.
- Coverage of the Heart and Stroke Charity in Ireland’s success in raising awareness of the treatment of heart patients during COVID-19.
- Important research from EAS-FH SC – a new study entitled Global Perspective of Familial Hypercholesterolaemia: A Cross-Sectional Study.
- The 2021 highlights from the World Heart Federation’s celebration of the information, care and treatment of heart conditions.
FH Europe is supported by an educational grant from Amgen Limited, Sanofi, Regeneron, Akcea Therapeutics Inc. and Amryt