An update about the FH Europe Board
A message from Jules Payne, Chair of FH Europe, and CEO of HEART UK
“The time has now come for me to step down as Chair of FH Europe, a role I have been so very proud to fulfil these past four years. I would like to thank all fellow Trustees, past and present in helping to establish, lead and shape FH Europe into what it is today. It is my pleasure to inform you that the Board have appointed Giovanni Nisato as the Chair elect, taking over the position from 1st January 2021.
I believe Giovanni to be an excellent appointment, he is strategic, innovative and a ‘really nice chap too’ as we say here in the UK! Without hesitation, I give Giovanni my full support and would ask you to do the same; please join me in congratulating him on his appointment.
As Chair and as a member, I am hugely proud of what FH Europe has achieved in the last 5 years; and in no order may I remind you of what we established
- the charity, website and communications channels
- a network of 24 FH organisations in 23 countries
- an annual meeting of the network creating our ‘FH Europe family’ and one voice on FH in Europe
- an important relationship with EAS and EAS FHSC – to extend the one voice in Europe with the lipid community of Healthcare professionals and the patient voice too
- wider relationships around the world of likeminded FH organisations of both individuals and networks
- the backbone of FH Europe which is to support our network and complement the networks activities in order that together we can make a difference to the FH community
- a training programme to support our network to build capacity in their own organisations within their own country
Like with any operation, there is still much to do, and we can proudly say, we have a great team in place to take this forward into the future with a growing network and 5 new Trustees on the Board.
However, none of this will work without you being in the network. We are all in this together; and together, we will make it work.
Thank you for all your amazing support and I look forward to remaining part of the network as CEO of HEART UK.
Here’s to a 2021 we can all feel proud of.“
FH Europe is supported by an educational grant from Amgen Limited, Sanofi, Regeneron, Akcea Therapeutics Inc. and Amryt